Please read the entire page carefully, as you’ll need to know everything on the page!

Step 1 – Sign up for the Illinois Real Estate Licensing Exam

Where do I go to sign up?

Follow these instructions to register:
1) Click on this link:
2) Click on “New Student Registration”, which is a blue link near the top of the page, then fill out the form that appears.
3) Upon receipt of your ILID# please FORWARD the email from PSI/AMP to [email protected]
4) Within one business day you should receive an email from PSI/AMP with directions to sign up for the state exam.

How do I schedule my exam?

To schedule your exam, please go to this website:

Do I need my transcript to take the state exam?

No, you will not need your transcript until after you pass the state licensing exam and once you have found a sponsoring broker. You can request your transcript at any time here –

GoAMP says my course completion has not been reported by the school. What does that mean?
If you are in this situation you have probably called goAMP’s customer service because you were unable to register. The reason that your course completion data was not entered by the school is most likely because we have not yet received your ILID#. Please re-read the goAMP registration instructions and make sure you are following all of the steps.
Do you have an exam for us to practice with, before taking the state/national exam?

Absolutely! On top of the large number of practice questions available to you in your online materials, we have an entire sample exam for you to take. On January 1st, 2018 IDFPR changed their requirement and students no longer have to complete a Pre-License class exam. CRES still believes that it is important that all students practice before taking the licensing exam so we have taken all course questions and put them into the Sample Exam, which randomly generates a new set of questions each time you take it in your Online Dashboard. Just like the State Exam, you will never get the same Sample Exam twice.

Step 2 – Once you’ve passed the licensing exam, find a sponsoring broker!

I don’t know where to start, does CRES help me find a sponsoring broker?

Yes we do! If you would like help finding a sponsoring broker, email [email protected].

My sponsoring broker says I need a transcript. How do I get that?

You can request your transcript at any time here –

My sponsoring broker says I need an original transcript with a raised seal.

A few years ago IDFPR changed the regulations and now all broker transcripts are online. The transcript you will be getting from us is emailed. From there you can email it directly to your sponsoring broker. All transcripts and paperwork for your license are submitted online. The state no longer needs a transcript with an embossed (raised) seal.

Step 3 – Start your new career!

Once you sign with a Sponsoring Broker, you are a fully licensed broker and you can start selling!

Verified by MonsterInsights